It’s sometimes easy to ruin a classic dish with extra ingredients, but cannabis oil only makes the vegetarian lasagna more delectable and flavorful. To begin with the obvious fact, cannabis oil has been touted to contain so many benefits to the body that are having it as part of your recipe does not only ensure a hearty meal but one rich in essential vitamins and minerals. Surprise your friends and family with your new culinary creation with an extra twist.
- 2 ounces of finely ground marijuana (trim or buds)
- 30 ounces of olive oil (extra virgin preferred
- 5 tablespoons of flour
- Quarter gallon of milk
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, grated garlic and other herbs you like
- 2 (16 ounces) boxes of lasagna noodles
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large red pepper
- 4 small tomatoes
- 1 can of olives
- 1.5 pounds of different cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, Maasdam)
- 1.5 pounds of Portobello mushrooms
Let’s get cookin’!
Step 1: Cannabis oil
- Pour the olive oil into the saucepan and heat it up. Avoid boiling.
- Put the ground cannabis into the oil and stir thoroughly.
- Slowly cook the oil for about 2 hours (frequently stir so the oil doesn’t boil).
- Put the oil through a cheesecloth.
- Pour it into a container and close tightly.
- keep the oil in the cool dark place, preferably the refrigerator.
Step 2: Béchamel (white) sauce
It’s hard to make a mistake when you are cooking béchamel sauce. Your main goal is to avoid the lumps.
- Take a heavy-bottomed saucepan and pour the cannabis oil into it.
- Heat the pan up but don’t allow the oil to boil.
- Slowly put the flour into the saucepan and stir vigorously.
- Continue stirring until the flour gets a golden hue.
- Slowly pour in the milk and stir without stopping until the mixture starts boiling.
- Add salt and pepper (half a teaspoon of each) and two teaspoons of nutmeg.
- Keep stirring.
- Boil the sauce for about 5 – 7 minutes while stirring.
The béchamel sauce shouldn’t have any lumps, so keep stirring until the mixture is homogenous.
Step 3: The Lasagna
Finally, all the ingredients are ready and we can start cooking the lasagna itself. After going through making cannabis oil and béchamel sauce, cooking lasagna will seem like a walk in the park.
- Cut the Portobello mushrooms into small pieces, put them in a frying pan, and turn the heat up. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Fry the mushrooms until all water evaporates and 5 minutes afterward. Stir every once in a while.
- Turn off the heat and leave the mushrooms on a hot frying pan, letting them dry out even more.
- While the mushrooms are resting, grate the carrot into large pieces and cut the red pepper into cubes or slices.
- Put the mushrooms on a plate to free up the frying pan
- Using high heat, fry carrots, red pepper, black pepper, grated garlic and other herbs in olive oil for about 5 – 10 seconds.
- Add a little water, half a teaspoon of salt and steam the ingredients for another 5 – 7 minutes without covering the pan.
- Meanwhile you can slice the tomatoes and olives and grate all the cheeses separately.
- Take a deep baking dish and grease it with olive oil.
- Using a pastry brush or spoon, apply the Béchamel sauce over the whole dish area.
- Cover the bottom with lasagna noodles.
- Cover the noodles with 2/3 of the steamed vegetables
- Pour béchamel sauce on top
- Put parmesan cheese uniformly on top of the sauce.
- Put lasagna noodles on top of the cheese
- Put 2/3 of the mushrooms on top of the noodles
- Sprinkle the mushrooms with the rest of the parmesan cheese
- Cover the cheese with more lasagna noodles
- Pour in the béchamel sauce
- Cover the sauce with the olives and the rest of the mushrooms
- Cover the olives with half Maasdam cheese
- Put the lasagna noodles on top.
- Pour plenty of béchamel sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover this layer with more lasagna noodles and pour in some more béchamel sauce
- Put the tomatoes on top, add the rest of the vegetables and sprinkle more Maasdam cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 375 Fahrenheit and bake the lasagna for about 1 hour
Making a good lasagna is just as complicated as brewing a good cup of coffee, thanks to the many ingredients and the particular procedure to follow. However, even the best latte machine won’t be able to create a masterpiece that you can make using a few secret indigents.
Good luck and Bon Appetite!