If you are a weed lover, getting your hands on a brand new vaporizer can feel like Christmas has come early! Any experienced vape user will agree that they can cost a pretty penny to buy, but as the safer alternative to smoking, it is indeed an investment worth making.
However, so many of us falter when it comes to the general upkeep of our vape devices, and this can not only be detrimental to the functionality of the vaporizer, but it can also significantly impact how safe it is for use.
If you are new to the vaping world – or maybe you have been around for a while and have picked up some bad habits – you have come to the right place! We have put together a quick and easy-to-follow guide with everything you need to know about cleaning your vape pen – in just five easy steps!
Why Do I Need to Clean My Vape Pen?
First of all, let’s address the obvious question here, which is WHY should you bother cleaning your vape pen in the first place? There are three significant reasons why you should think about cleaning your vape pen, and we think you’ll be surprised as to how important each step is!
- Many vape users may only clean their vape once a month, or maybe it’s a quick wipe down every few days. However, this will only lead to the rapid deterioration of your expensive piece of kit, rendering it useless and ensuring you spend plenty more on a brand new one. So the first and most obvious answer is that it would be a total waste of your money, in the long run, to have a vape and never look after it!
- There are more serious reasons behind why you should keep on top of the grime and residue that can quickly build inside a vaping device; your health! The fact of the matter is that smoking using a vaporizer is a healthier alternative to smoking joints. However, over time residue from marijuana – regardless of what form you smoke it in – will build up, and this can be harmful to us when inhaled.
- Finally, there is simply no excuse not to clean your vape pen! Not only is super quick, but also it is also so easy to do, so there are no excuses to fall behind on the general maintenance of your vape!
5 Easy-To-Follow Steps To a Keep Your Vape Clean
#1 Dismantle Your Vape
Whether you are the proud owner of a dry herb or concentrate/wax vape, this first step is always the same! Carefully unscrew the different components, starting with the heating chamber (the mouthpiece too, if your model calls for this!).
Ensure the chamber is emptied entirely of all residues by tapping the contents out into the rubbish
#2 Brush Your Device
Most vape pens come with a brush to clean and remove any dry particles or residue. It is important not to use water on any of the electrical parts of your pen, as this can cause damage.
#3 Clean the Mouthpiece
If your mouthpiece doesn’t detach, start with running it under warm water. You can also use a cotton cloth to wipe in and around the mouthpiece to ensure it is clean and clear of any particles.
#4 Reassemble Your Vape Pen
It is as straightforward as that, once you have cleaned and dried your device screw it back together ensuring that everything is thoroughly dry and properly attached.
#5 Light Her Up
Once you have finished press the micro button a few times to restart your device, and she is good to go!
Other Ways To Clean Your Vape
If your device needs a bit more love and care after weeks or months of abandonment, you may need some more heavy duty methods to get her all cleaned up!
Rubbing alcohol and a Q-Tip is usually a vape pen’s best friend! The harmless solution is perfect for cleaning away even the most stubborn residue, and Q-tips get into all those hard to reach nooks and crannies! This method is ideal for cleaning the mouthpiece, rim and inner lining of the device’s chamber.
TOP TIP: When using the Q-tip method, ensure you are gentle when working it around the heating coil. These are incredibly fragile and, once damaged, will render your device useless.
TOP TIP: Cleaning of your device is always best done when the vape is warm. Warming your vape up by running it for a few minutes before cleaning will help loosen up any leftover bits that may be stubborn to clean when cold and hard!
Final Thoughts on Cleaning Your Vape Pen
We told you it was simple! There is no excuse to neglect your vape pen anymore; these five steps should take you no longer than 30 minutes, even if you have left it a long time between cleaning!
If you get a lot of jot out of your vape, show it a little love and TLC back – it will make for better smoke and a longer lasting vape pen.
Recommended Portable Vapes – Our Best Picks
- Da Vinci IQ
- Vote best for 2018
- Excellent vapor quality
- Warm-up: 80 sec
- Battery: 25 Min
- Temp: 350-430°F
- Price: $274.99
- Atmos Jump
- Operates with one button
- Durable & Compact
- Warm-up: 7-10 sec
- Battery: 30 to 40 min
- Temp: 395°F
- Price: $59.95
- Apollo VTube V5.0
- Voted one of the best Mods
- Atomizer can fire as low as 0.2 ohms
- Warm-up: 10 sec
- Battery: 1 hour
- Temp: 212°F to 572°F
- Price: from $49.95