All you need to know about CBD dosage.
With so many CBD Oil brands on the market, it is often extremely hard to know which ones are best and more importantly, how much CBD should you take. What is the correct CBD dosage?
In this guide, we’ve got the CBD dosage topic covered but you should always consult with your doctor before beginning any form of treatment. CBD-rich oil comes in a variety of concentrations and forms, and while most bottles come with a user manual, CBD oil works differently for each person. If you’ve never tried CBD or you are still trying to figure out what works best, then this article is for you.
Continue reading as there are a few important things to understand about CBD oil and CBD oil dosages.
Important Things to Know About CBD Oil Dosages
CBD dosage is not a straightforward matter. There are several different factors to consider, ranging from your genetics to what condition you are hoping to treat. Here’s what you need to know:
1) Every Person is Different and May Require a Different Dosage
If you’ve been following the articles on our site, then you have probably heard of the endocannabinoid system. This is a unique system in our body that’s responsible for improving and maintaining our mental and physical health.
CBD is believed to help regulate the endocannabinoid system by binding with various receptors located within cell and tissue systems. Those receptors are referred to as CB1 and CB2.
The endocannabinoid system is extremely complex and far from understood, leaving researchers trying to determine whether or not the CBD directly or indirectly effects those receptors, and exactly what role they play in affecting ones’ health.
While the exact way they affect our system still remains a mystery to most researchers, what we do know is that every person has a different endocannabinoid system, and therefore while the instructions on a CBD oil’s bottle may be informative and clear, the standard dosing may affect two different people in completely different ways.
2) Genetics, Tolerance and General Health
If you accept the fact that everyone is different, then you can understand that everyone has his/her own genetics, tolerance, and general health. There are those that suffer from severe debilitating conditions and others that are only looking to cure their day to day anxiety.
Each person has their own reasons for wanting to take CBD oil, and it’s assumed that all of these factors – genetics, tolerance, and general health – will come into play as far as how well CBD works for them. It cannot be expected that someone who is in the prime of their game, from a health perspective, will require the same dosage as someone who has severe medical issues.
3) It’s Not a Miracle Cure
Regardless of whether the right dosage of CBD will work for your body or not, it’s important to understand that CBD oil is not a miracle cure. Don’t expect to take a few drops and, Voilà, you’re cured.
The effects of CBD oil are not instant, and people constantly make the same mistake – they use CBD for a short period, expecting it to cure them instantly, and when it doesn’t work they complain and ask for a refund. CBD can take time to work and similar to your health issues, it won’t happen overnight. The key is finding the right dosage.
The Standard CBD Oil Dosage Manual
Now, remember, this guide is a general one, and it is extremely important to read the dosage instructions on the CBD oil you are taking, especially as results from certain dosages may affect you differently than others.
Furthermore, it is always best to contact the CBD oil company to ask them the right dosage for your medical condition and consult with your doctor if required. With that said, there are a few common dosage strategies that might work for you:
- Start by taking one drop on the first day. It’s important to see how you feel as everyone reacts differently. It may even cause you irritation, and therefore it’s important to stop.
- If all goes well, increase the amount to 2 drops per day for the first 3-4 weeks. This is the testing period to see if it is helping any of your symptoms.
- Spread the drops throughout the day. For example, take one in the morning and one in the evening.
- If you don’t experience any change, then increase at a slow rate and see how you feel. With each person, it is a question of finding the right dosage.
Remember that many CBD oil companies advise you to put the drops under your tongue and let them take effect for at least 30 seconds.
Numerous sites state the following dosage guidelines when using CBD orally:
- General Health: 2.5-15mg CBD
- Chronic pain: 2.5-20 mg CBD
- Sleep disorders: 40-160 mg CBD
CBD Oil Dosage Recap
If you are just starting out with CBD oil, then remember to start small and to consult with your doctor. According to ProjectCBD, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to making CBD research transparent, there is no established lethal CBD dosage.
Therefore, be cautious and as with any new health products, it’s important to know how your body reacts to CBD. Increase the dosage gradually and if you feel that the CBD oil isn’t affecting you in a positive way, then you should stop and consult with a medical professional.
For your convenience, we’ve ranked a few popular brands. Feel free to visit their sites and see their dosage guides, or alternatively reach out to us if you have any questions.
- Full-spectrum Hemp extract
- No pesticides, solvents or chemical fertilizers
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Price Range ($48.00 – $139.00)
- Maximum potency and purity
- Compounded by a licensed pharmacist
- Highly concentrated extraction process
- Price Range ($26-$169)
- Full-Spectrum Extract (Made in USA)
- 100% Natural and Organic
- Contain no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Prices range ($48-$125)
- CBDPure uses a chemical-free CO2 extraction process
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Certified hemp grown in Colorado
- Price Range ($29.99 – $79.99)
- Over 5 Years Experience
- 3rd party laboratory tested
- Organic hemp CO2 extract tincture
- Price Range ($62.00 – $204.00)