At the time of writing, experts have discovered over 80 cannabinoids in the hemp plant. THC was the most famous at one point in time because of the psychoactive high it provided. However, cannabis containing large amounts of THC is only legal in a handful of locations.
In contrast, CBD is non-psychoactive and is currently used as an all-natural solution to a variety of medical conditions including anxiety, depression, and insomnia. Although research is in its early stages, initial findings are positive. The hype surrounding CBD oil means companies like NuLeaf Naturals have sprung up over the last few years. It calls itself: “The World’s Premier CBD Oil Company” so keeping reading to find out it deserves such a lofty status.
About NuLeaf Naturals
NuLeaf Naturals claims to be different from other CBD oil producers because plant medicine ‘aficionados’ who are genuinely health-conscious founded it. The company was formed in 2014, and its CBD oil comes exclusively from licensed farms in the state of Colorado.
It offers five reasons why consumers should choose its products:
- Full Spectrum Extract: According to NuLeaf Naturals, it is one of the few companies in the world that provides you with a full spectrum cannabinoid extract. Research by the Hadassah Medical School in Jerusalem shows that full spectrum extract, which contains traces of other cannabinoids, is more effective than CBD-only extracts when alleviating pain and inflammation.
- All-Natural: The company’s CBD oil is non-GMO, 100% organic and contains no additives, preservatives or other ‘fillers’ found in lower-grade products.
- Verified by Third Party Testing: According to NuLeaf Naturals, its CBD oil has been ‘rigorously’ tested in a lab by a third party to guarantee that it contains a high percentage of CBD and no chemicals. While this is encouraging to read, we wish the company would publish the results of these tests on the site.
- CO2 Extraction: This is the best way to extract CBD from the hemp plant, and NuLeaf Naturals uses this method to ensure there is no heat or solvents to ruin the quality of the product. Its oil not only contains CBD, but it also has vitamins B & D, zinc, terpenes, essential oils and other natural goodies.
- Home Grown: All NuLeaf Naturals products are sourced from the United States, Colorado to be exact.
Review of NuLeaf Naturals CBD Oil
NuLeaf Naturals sell two products; High-Grade CBD Oil and CBD Oil for Pets. The ‘human’ products come in five different sizes, but the strength remains practically the same. Regardless of the size of the bottle, there is 2.4mg of CBD oil in 1 drop. Here are the five sizes and prices:
- 240mg: 100 drops for $38.50.
- 725mg: 300 drops for $99. A 6-pack costs $434.
- 1450mg: 600 drops for $179. A 2-pack costs $264.
- 2425mg: 1000 drops for $239. A 2-pack costs $439 while a 6-pack costs $1053.60.
- 4850mg: 2000 drops for $439. A 3-pack costs $1053.60 and a 6-pack costs $1953.40.
As we mentioned above, NuLeaf Naturals utilizes supercritical and subcritical CO2 extraction methods. It is an important point because it is the cleanest and safest way to remove CBD oil from the hemp plant. There is no need to add solvents, and you end up with nothing but the best of the plant.
The first clear sign that NuLeaf’s oil is of premium quality is the fact it has a lovely golden color, and it runs thin. As a rule of thumb, gold oil means that the product is completely clear. Therefore, we have to assert that NuLeaf’s claim that its oil is 100% pure is true. Incidentally, if the oil has tinges of green, it is a sign that some of the plant material is in it. If the oil is brown, it means it hasn’t been well processed and is probably a below average product.
Consuming NuLeaf Naturals’ CBD Oil
The company doesn’t tell you how much to take; it merely outlines the amount of CBD in each drop. It’s up to you to decide how much you need each day. One drop contains 2.4mg of CBD, and each ml contains 50mg of cannabinoids. Simply drop the oil under your tongue and hold it there for about 60 seconds before swallowing.
For the record, the oil tastes as nature intended; there is a woody and ‘tart’ taste which is extremely strong. You can quickly ascertain that there are no artificial flavors added. Although it isn’t the nicest taste, you know what they say about healthy food tasting unpleasant!
Is NuLeaf Naturals’ CBD Oil Effective?
Customer reviews are overwhelmingly positive as people have written about how the CBD oil has helped with a wide range of maladies including insomnia, chronic pain, and depression.
A perfect example came from someone with anxiety, insomnia and chronic nerve pain in his feet and legs. He currently takes 50mg per day and is amazed by how quickly he was able to cut back on his prescription painkillers. This individual suffered from peripheral neuropathy for seven years and took a long list of drugs that did little to help and carried numerous side effects.
While he acknowledges that the taste isn’t particularly pleasant, the fact that he can wean himself off medications such as Cymbalta and Gabapentin means he doesn’t care!
In terms of speed of effectiveness, it will vary depending on the individual. One user had chronic pain for three years and noticed a difference within a day of using NuLeaf Naturals’ CBD oil! Three months later and this person’s pain is completely under control.
It is rather expensive, but one has to remember that NuLeaf uses the best form of CO2 extraction and source its products from high-quality hemp farms in Colorado. If you need 50mg of cannabinoids a day, a 6-pack of 4,850mg CBD oil will last around 600 days at a cost of just under $100 a month. Not everyone will need that high a dose, and unless you have generic versions of your medications, your prescription drugs could cost even more!
What about NuLeaf Naturals’ CBD Oil for Pets?
This CBD oil is made using the same premium quality process, and there are three different sizes:
- 240mg: 100 drops for $38.50
- 725mg: 300 drops for $99
- 1450mg: 600 drops for $179
You don’t need to be eagle-eyed to spot something here. Although NuLeaf Naturals calls it CBD oil for pets, it is the same product it sells to humans for the same price! In any case, the dosage is different and depends on the weight of the dog:
- 24.99 lbs or less: 2 drops: 1-2 times a day.
- 25-50 lbs: 4 drops: 1-2 times a day.
- 50-75 lbs: 6 drops: 1-2 times a day.
- 75+ lbs: 8+ drops: 1-2 times a day.
We have to take the word of pet owners with relation to the efficacy of the oil, but it appears to work well. One owner said his dog was nervous and had digestion problems but the CBD oil helped him a lot. Other owners said their canine and feline friends became more energetic and enjoyed it so much that they lick spilled drops off the floor!
Where Can I Purchase NuLeaf Naturals’ CBD Oil?
We didn’t notice the CBD oil for sale on any other reputable site, so we recommend purchasing it from the Official NuLeaf Naturals Website. NuLeaf offers free shipping to any location in the United States, and because all items are shipped using USPS Priority Mail, you can expect to receive your order within 2-5 business days.
Customers can return new, unused and unopened products within 30 days of delivery and they will receive a full refund. However, they have to pay for shipping unless the return is due to an error by the company.
First and foremost, the NuLeaf Naturals website is well designed, easy to navigate and finding the products is simple. The checkout process is also straightforward, and you should read the FAQs if you want to learn more about the company’s CBD oil.
The quality of the oil is also not in question. While it won’t win any awards for taste, that’s actually a good thing in this industry! If a CBD oil has a taste that resembles anything other than a strong plant, it is either of low quality or filled with sweeteners and additives.
The main issue is the cost of the CBD Oil which, as we outlined above, can cost almost $100 a month if you purchase the largest possible size and consume 20 drops a day. If you buy the smallest size, it will be gone within five days! Nonetheless, the cost of prescription medication is usually far higher.
Overall, NuLeaf Naturals has created an excellent product that tastes like real CBD oil should and it provides users with great results. The only question we have is this: Why isn’t the company’s lab results available on the site? The oil is clearly of superior quality; we believe that NuLeaf Naturals should prove it and underline its reputation as one of the best CBD oil sellers in the industry.
Want to learn more about NuLeaf Naturals, go to their website at www.nuleafnaturals.com