Thanks to the internet, nowadays, you can compare virtually anything. And when we say anything, we mean virtually ANYTHING. Thanks to some cool innovative people within the industry you can see through priceofweed.com where people are purchasing weed and at what price.
The site is kind of like a social network site, where marijuana smokers can update the price of weed in their city or state. Pretty cool, ha? Well, the idea is cool, but the site is a little bit old fashioned in our opinion, and the navigation on it does exhaust you after a few minutes.
Luckily, we’ve done the hard work for you. Over the last couple of months, we’ve been asking our loyal followers quite a few different questions. I’m sure you’ve noticed the surveys on our Facebook page. The response rate has been fantastic and it has enabled us to write this article.
We’ve compared sources, crunched the numbers, asked around and even dug into the statistics to try to provide you with the most accurate prices.
Now don’t freak out if it’s not exactly what you’re paying. The prices below are Average Legal Prices for Medlevel Marijuana throughout 2016. We actually wanted to compare Lowlevel, but as the black market remains strong, it muddled up the data. Also, seriously, who buys Low-Quality weed?
Please also note that the prices here are NOT the ones you get from your next door neighbor or rich uncle that owns a dispensary. It doesn’t include different hookups. We also excluded all of those that live in a recreational state and grow your own weed. So basically you’re paying next to nothing.
Ok so here’s what we’ve come up with:
Now comes the interesting part. We checked this month’s data for a few states and this is what we came up with:
- Worcester, Massachusetts $230 an ounce (medium quality)
- Edgewater, Maryland $50 an eighth (medium quality)
- San Antonio, Texas $200 an ounce (high quality)
- Kalispell, Montana $220 an ounce (medium quality)
- Jacksonville, Florida $40 an eighth (medium quality)
- Pennsylvania $50 an eighth (medium quality)
- Pennsylvania $50 an eighth (high quality)
- Dallas, Texas $50 an eighth (high quality)
- Clermont, Florida $10 a gram (medium quality)
- Asheville, North Carolina $80 a quarter (high quality)
- Frederick, Maryland $75 a quarter (medium quality)
- Madison, Wisconsin $100 a quarter (medium quality)
- Wichita, Kansas $15 a gram (medium quality)
- Auburn, Indiana $50 an eighth (medium quality)
- Anchorage, Alaska $150 a half ounce (high quality)
It’s not easy keeping track of the price of weed, especially as the laws in so many states differ. What we are seeing though as states start to become recreational the price per ounce is dropping. Let us know in the comments on Facebook how much you’re paying.