Enjoying your cannabis on the go has never been easier…
For those of us that love marijuana, we all know some of the common dilemmas about smoking. First of all, cannabis smells. This factor is part of what gives weed its delectable charm, but unfortunately, until the world calms down and drops its stigmas about Mary Jane, the smell is usually unwelcome.
Next, it takes time to pack a bowl, light it up and ash it; humans are a busy bunch and normally do not have enough extra time while working or doing chores to have some cannabis.
Finally, not everyone can tolerate the smoke from burning marijuana; some studies show it has a reversible effect on the overall health of the lungs, so the marijuana itself is healing, but smoking anything usually is not.
What if we told you that one device in particular could be the solution to all of these concerns, and only enhance your cannabis consuming experience? Behold: the vape pen. A discrete device that allows you to “smoke” bud just about anywhere, as long as you have this little electronic on-hand and ready to use. Frustrated with your coworkers or job and slowly losing your already thin patience? Take a hit of the pen in the back room or bathroom. Having difficulties dealing with your children or other family members/friends? Take a hit of the pen and watch yourself quickly become calmer. Enjoying a hike, beach day, another moment in nature or some event? Take a hit of the pen and notice how the world around you becomes that much more serene and beautiful. Want to enhance your experience of enjoying some food or a drink? Take a hit of the pen and melt into the complexity of the delicious flavors that your taste buds are being impacted with. The list goes on and on for where and when this device can be utilized to improve overall life quality by adding a little medicine into your life and working its magic.
Keep reading to discover how you can “smoke” bud anywhere, with our list of the most discreet weed pens EVER…
What Even is a Cannabis Weed Pen?:
Maybe the more official name would be a marijuana vaporizer, but this battery powered option is essentially an alternative way of consuming cannabis that is not smoking, yet remains similar to smoking.
There are three types of cannabis vapes that are typically found on the market, including dry herb vapes, wax vapes and concentrate cartridge vapes. Producers of these handy devices usually state in their product descriptions which vapes are compatible with what forms.
Dry herb vapes are suitable for those who want to cut back on smoking for health reasons, but they are not actually very discreet. They still have to be packed with herb and cleaned afterwards, like a pipe or a bong, and although the smell is not as pungent, it still is existent.
Wax vaporizers function similarly to how a dab rig would work, containing high amounts of THC, but let’s face it- if you are looking to snap a few dabs, you may as well just use a dab rig. The third option, which is the concentrate cartridge selection, is going to be the primary focus of this article.
What are Concentrate Cartridge Vaporizers?:
A concentrate cartridge vape is pretty much exactly what its name implies. This nifty and secretive way to consume marijuana consists of 2 parts: the base of the vaporizer, which is the battery pack (it really resembles a pen and is typically small and lightweight), and the cartridge itself, which is packed full of a marijuana-based liquid that is manufactured using specialized production techniques.
In order to take a hit, all that you need to do is connect the cartridge to the battery pack, place your mouth over the piece and inhale. It is actually this simple, and best of all there is almost NO SMELL at all. Likewise, this method does not produce heavy vapor, so practically no one will even be able to tell that you are enjoying yourself some fresh green, unless of course they know what to look for.
Once the cartridge is empty, you just toss it out and connect a new one. Cartridges and pens do sometimes arrive in different measurements, but many companies use the universal size, which is called a 510 thread.
Be sure to check the descriptions from your manufacturer before commiting to the purchase of a cartridge. These concentrate-packed selections are produced after dried flower is processed down into a gooey and sticky substance using specialized techniques. It typically contains somewhere around 60% THC, so a little goes a very long way. Sometimes, taking a few hits off a cartridge is comparable to a “weak” dab, (although no properly made dab is actually weak).
The price point of a concentrate cartridge in a legal state, say on the West Coast of the USA, is usually somewhere between $40-$80 per one gram of concentrate, and even if this may seem expensive, it is really quite reasonable, because the THC concentration is dense and even just a hit or two will get you pretty damn high. A multitude of cartridges are available for purchase, some being lower-end, while others sit at the top shelf. It is vital to do some research and figure out what options would be best for your own needs, tastes and requirements.
What to Beware of When Purchasing Cartridges of Concentrate:
The two primary aspects to look out for when purchasing a cartridge of marijuana concentrate are both related to purity. Glycerin and flavoring agents are sometimes added into these connectable packs, which not only cuts down the quality of the cannabis itself, it is oftentimes used to cover up something that is not right.
For some, the flavoring agent is actually desired, which is perfectly fine, but if you just want pure weed, you have to know what signs to recognize. Regarding glycerin, no one probably wants this, because it lowers the potency of the THC content and in some ways it means you are getting ripped off, but definitely not as ripped. Additionally, some studies hint that glycerin may not be very good for your overall health, especially in a region like the lungs. What may seem shocking is that manufacturers of concentrate cartridges do not actually have to state if there are additives in their formulations, so the only way to know is to look out for certain tell-tale factors.
- If you take a hit of your concentrate and it resembles some sort of strong flavor, whether that be candy, cream, tropical, cotton candy, or any of the above, it means that it has been cut with some type of inorganic flavoring agent, which is likely to be artificial.
- If, after taking a puff, you are able to exhale a massive plume of smoke, the concentrate is likely cut with glycerin. Cannabis alone will produce little visible vapor.
- When you tilt the cartridge itself, the liquid should be quite thick and viscous. If it seems like it is thin and moving around a lot in the container, it is likely cut with glycerin.
Search for companies that produce marijuana cartridges with only pure cannabis; these will often be recommended by your dispensary or budtender, and the professionals here will (hopefully) steer you in the right direction.
Which Weed Pens are Worth Purchasing and are Discreet?:
Even if many brilliant weed pens exist on the market, here are 5 options that are discreet and have become some of our favorites:
1. Galaxy Mercury Vaporizer by Kandy Pens:
- High-quality, handmade design, with dual quartz rods, titanium coil and a quartz crystal chamber.
- 510 universe threading.
- Lifetime warranty.
- 2016 “Best Vaporizer” High Times Magazine award winner.
- Reusable pen and reasonably priced at only $79.97.
- Only designed to be used with cartridges.
- Cartridges not included with purchase of pen.
2. Pax 3 by PAX:
- Over 1 million sold devices and many satisfied customers, meaning the device is produced by a reputable company.
- Can be used for both loose-leaf and concentrates, allowing for greater versatility.
- More than 60 different temperature settings.
- Bluetooth enabled.
- Industry-leading heat technology.
- Very high-end pricing costing between $199.99 and $249.99.
- Not as sleek and discrete a design as some of the other products on this list.
Check out the best prices over at www.paxvapor.com
3. The Disposable Oil Vape Pen by Honey Stick:
- Inexpensive option, costing only $12.50.
- Convenient for those who are on the go or travelling and do not want to make a big financial commitment.
- 30-day money back guarantee.
- Company offers free shipping for orders over $100.
- Disposable and must be thrown away once cartridge has been emptied, but considering the price this might be OK.
- Features a flavor, which may not be desired by all buyers.
4. Ares by Linx Vapor:
- Free shipping on orders over $60.
- Dual temperature adjuster, allowing high or low temperatures.
- Sleek and discrete design that appears like a stainless steel office pen.
- Expensive, costing $109.95, but you are paying for top quality.
- Only can be used along with concentrate cartridges, which is limiting for some.
5. IndigoPro by IndigoPro Vaporizers:
- Cartridges can be purchased: they are ceramic and leak-proof, crafted by The Farm based out of Boulder, Colorado. Easy to pop on and off.
- Long-lasting battery that allows use of vape even during charging.
- Discreet vibrating function that informs that the device is working.
- Unclear pricing on the website.
- Cannot be used with other cartridges.
If you are tired of not being able to consume cannabis whenever and wherever you want, the discreet option of purchasing a vape pen will not only satisfy your need for this medicine, but also will serve as a way to support you during some of life’s most difficult challenges, all with the help of good ol’ marijuana.
Although these are five incredible and outstanding vaporizers to use along with cartridges of concentrates, these are not the only secretive and powerful options on the market. We hope you not only found this article to be entertaining, but also educational and informative. It is important to remember that the consumption of marijuana is the sole responsibility of the user, and discretion should always be taken.
Recommended Portable Vapes – Our Best Picks
- Da Vinci IQ
- Vote best for 2018
- Excellent vapor quality
- Warm-up: 80 sec
- Battery: 25 Min
- Temp: 350-430°F
- Price: $274.99
- Atmos Jump
- Operates with one button
- Durable & Compact
- Warm-up: 7-10 sec
- Battery: 30 to 40 min
- Temp: 395°F
- Price: $59.95
- Apollo VTube V5.0
- Voted one of the best Mods
- Atomizer can fire as low as 0.2 ohms
- Warm-up: 10 sec
- Battery: 1 hour
- Temp: 212°F to 572°F
- Price: from $49.95