Evoxe Laboratories claims to be the first company to provide customers with cannabis and aromatherapy in vaporizer form. The company was founded in 2015, and immediately hit the headlines by selling several CBD vape pens, including the Engage, Stealth, Deep, and Balance. The following year, Evoxe Labs announced plans to sell the Balance + vaporizer, […]
Evoxe Laboratories claims to be the first company to provide customers with cannabis and aromatherapy in vaporizer form. The company was founded in 2015, and immediately hit the headlines by selling several CBD vape pens, including the Engage, Stealth, Deep, and Balance.
The following year, Evoxe Labs announced plans to sell the Balance + vaporizer, a device that contained a combination of whole plant CBD extract and a proprietary blend of essential oils for therapeutic purposes.
Evoxe vaporizers have seen a steady growth in demand for their products, and its Balance vape pen, which contains zero THC, was quickly on offer at retail locations in Alaska, Oregon, New York, and Arizona. The company claims that it offers the highest-quality lab-tested marijuana oil with organically grown essential oils.
Evoxe Vape Pen Review: Introducing the Balance Vaporizer
Overall, Evoxe Labs has created five vape pens for customers, but only the Balance option is pure CBD. Although this review is focusing solely on the Balance, here are the other four options from Evoxe Labs:
- Deep: Contains 350mg of an indica-dominant strain.
- Engage: Contains 350mg of a sativa-dominant strain.
- Stealth: Contains 350mg of THC from the OG Kush strain.
- Balance +: Contains 275mg of CBD and 12mg of THC from the Harle-Tsu strain.
Although the Balance+ has a CBD-to-THC ratio of 21:1, the fact that it has any THC at all means customers in certain states are unable to buy it. However, Evoxe is permitted to sell the regular Balance because it contains 125 mg CBD, with no THC at all.
As a result, the vape pen falls well below the 0.3% THC legal threshold, and should be legal in all 50 states. The complete uncertainty surrounding individual state laws with regards to cannabinoids means we can’t provide you with a 100% guarantee.
The CBD contained in the Balance vape pen comes from organic hemp grown in Colorado by Shi Farms. It also contains the following essential oils:
- Frankincense: This oil has been used to calm both the body and mind for thousands of years. It is apparently a stress reliever that helps to reduce inflammation.
- Geranium: This is a popular aromatherapy ingredient used to balance your endocrine system, and it helps to eliminate impurities. Geranium is believed to help with cell regeneration and offers a boost to your general health.
- Tangerine: This herbal remedy has been used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years. It is said to be uplifting, refreshing, and restorative.
- Ylang Ylang: This little-known essential oil is used to soothe the nerves and heart, as well as boost circulatory health. It is also believed to stimulate the respiratory system.
The combination of CBD and the four essential oils mentioned above could act as a potential medicine for a variety of ailments. It should be said that Evoxe Labs admits its descriptions of the therapeutic potential of the Balance’s ingredients have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.
Unlike so many brands that are keen to gloss over potential side effects, Evoxe Labs is refreshingly open and honest. It states that when you use any of its vape pens, you are inhaling vaporized plant oils. Evoxe vaporizers warn against excessive inhalation, and they even outline some potential risks associated with its ingredients:
- Frankincense: Could cause nausea and stomach pain. It is not recommended for patients scheduled for surgery or those who use blood-thinners.
- Geranium: Potential risk of skin sensitization. There is also a risk of it interacting with certain types of medication.
- Tangerine: In rare cases, citrus fruit can cause allergic reactions which lead to anaphylactic shock. Milder side effects include an upset stomach.
- Ylang Ylang: Potential risk of headaches and nausea.
Evoxe Labs Vape Review: Using the Balance Vape Pen
The great thing about the Evoxe Labs vape range is that all the pens are designed in the same way; the only difference is the cannabinoid content. The sleek white and silver Balance looks like a writing pen at first glance, which means it is ideal for discreet vaping.
It is made from high-quality materials including the stainless steel air flow system, consisting of a heating chamber, ventilator, and mouthpiece. It does a fantastic job of ensuring that the vapor you enjoy is refreshingly cool by the time it reaches your lips.
The ceramic heating element is encased in stainless steel, and it is designed to offer even heat distribution and smooth vapor production. Our team was very impressed by the subtle flavor of the oil during the Evoxe Labs review, and the level of vapor produced was also reasonable.
There is no need to concern yourself with temperature controls, because the Balance’s internal microprocessor guarantees a consistent temperature. As a result, all you have to do is hold the Balance with your fingers near the LED tip and put your lips around the mouthpiece. Make sure you leave a little bit of space for air to get into your mouth when you inhale.
For best results, inhale for one second and relax! Once you inhale for longer than three seconds, the pen cuts off because it reaches its maximum temperature. This is a great addition to the design, because it prevents unpleasant burnt hits.
The recyclable battery is a nice feature, and you should get up to 180 puffs per fully charged battery; enough to outlast the oil itself. According to Evoxe Labs CEO Michael Katz, each pen, including the Evoxe Balance, should last for around 150 seconds of inhalation; an amount that would provide the average user with three days of almost continuous use or up to a month of sporadic use.
Oddly enough, the official Evoxe website says each unit lasts up to 100 seconds (for the record, the Balance pen lasted around 120 seconds’ worth of inhalation for us during the review).
Evoxe Balance Vape Review:
Overall, the Evoxe Labs Balance offers good value at a priec between $40 and $60, depending on where you purchase it from. Also, as it contains no THC and 99.6% pure CBD isolate, you should be able to order it anywhere. The flavor is pleasant, and the vapor feels nice and smooth on the lips, as well as also being easy on the throat and lungs.
We also found that it helped take the edge off pain, so it could be an effective means of managing the painful symptoms of several conditions. Also, in our experience, the combination of essential oils did an excellent job of helping team members feel relaxed and calmer. Obviously we can’t guarantee that it will have the same effect on everyone, although there is a myriad of online reviews from Evoxe vape pen users who feel the same way.
Evoxe Balance Vape Pen: Pros
- Contains no THC, which means you should be able to order it online no matter where you live in the United States.
- The pen’s design allows for a discreet vape when you’re out and about.
- The delivery system potentially allows for fast and effective pain relief.
- If you are a casual user, each pen should last up to a month which is excellent value for $40 or thereabouts.
- Evoxe guarantees that the battery will last for at least as long as the oil.
- The new oil filtration system means less chance of leaking.
Evoxe Balance Vape Pen: Cons
- The Balance is disposable, so you have to purchase a brand new one when the oil is finished.
- The maximum drag length of three seconds might be too short for some. For reference, the JUUL allows a 5-7 second drag.
- The Balance requires a reasonably hard pull to derive the greatest benefits.