Let’s face it- we can’t keep denying the fact that companies affiliated with weed aren’t able to receive the rights to marketing that they deserve.
It is incredibly difficult, and sometimes almost impossible, to use the typical marketing platforms available on the internet to promote any type of brand, product or company that has any sort of connection with cannabis. Even though legalization in many regions is upon us, top sites such as Google, FB and Twitter want nothing to do with it – and maybe they are right! Know one wants to deal with a product that is still not here or there in regards to legalization.
In this article, we will discuss the current problems that most business owners are experiencing and shed some light on what can be done.
Here Are 4 Reasons Restricting the Weed Industry:
1. All the Major Social Media Platforms Do NOT Want Anything To Do With Marijuana:
FB, Google AdsWords, Twitter – All of them have restricted what they are allowing cannabis businesses to advertise. So much so, they won’t even allow a single mention of anything weed related, otherwise your content is getting thrown out the door. FB has deleted numerous pages and profiles for attempting to market to the pot audience, claiming it is a breach of their guidelines. Google AdsWords is all the same, with a restriction set on what can and cannot be said. Don’t try your luck with other search engines, it’s all the same. Although they can’t punish your marijuana related page from existing, they will shove the content below millions of other pages in an attempt to have nothing to do with it.
2. Most Advertisers Don’t See Hope In Being Hired By Cannabis Companies:
It takes a special type of advertiser to agree to take on the complexities of marketing weed culture, and most of them simply aren’t up for the challenge. This doesn’t mean that they don’t exist- it just means that it won’t be easy to find the right one, although still possible. These advertisers are likely relying on ground-breaking ideas and very thoughtful concepts to get around the laws, finding loopholes in the legalities. Their methods are completely legal- and completely safe, it just takes a company who is willing to think way out there to make a strong marketing strategy for a reefer affiliated business.
3. Medical Marijuana Is a Booming Industry, but How Do Company Owners Tap Into This Market?
As of last year, cannabis grew to a 3.5 billion dollar industry in the US for recreational and medical use. That is a lot of money, and reefer lovers are only wanting more. But the question is, with so many restrictions, how does anyone tap into this market? Foundations such as the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws or NORML are making an effort to bring about a greater awareness for the further legalization and global acceptance of cannabis and marijuana on both a recreational and medical level. There is much work to be done, but in the future we all hope to see just how organizations such as NORML are positively affecting us all, especially those involved in the cannabis industry.
4. Just Because Marijuana Is Legal In Many States, Doesn’t Mean Everyone Is Necessarily Comfortable With This Concept:
Currently, 25 states and the District of Columbia support medical cannabis, and 4 states plus the District of Columbia recognize marijuana as being legal for recreational use. Still, the United States is facing backlash from some places. No one will ever fully agree on the topic of weed- it’s controversial, even if maybe it shouldn’t be. However, that doesn’t mean that companies shouldn’t continue to make an effort to tap into this huge market. Many citizens of America predict countrywide legalization to occur in the USA sooner than we may think. This is good news for the Marijuana Industry. Just through patience, at a certain point in time, the stigma around cannabis, an already recognized healing and medicinal plant, should dissipate.
The Solution That’s Helped Hundreds of Businesses
Here at MarijuanaBreak, we recognize that waiting isn’t always an option. And therefore we would like to introduce you to affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing is often overlooked but is actually one of the best online marketing methods available for small business. Why? There is no risk when it comes to affiliate marketing; you only pay people after the results are delivered and most important; no one can restrict you!
Using an affiliate marketing program, you pay your affiliate partners a referral fee for each lead or sale that is generated. So instead of fighting against big networks who don’t want your money, you are closing deals with other website owners or marketers that are willing to promote your products in return for a fee.
Sounds amazing, right? Well, it’s easier said than done. There are many affiliate programs available on the Internet today, so you really need to have a great product and stand out. Here are the 5 Best Tips we can give you to succeed.
1) Technology – When building an affiliate program its important find technology that will track affiliate sales accurately, but even beyond that it must be a system that is very simple to use. If it’s too complicated and doesn’t provide accurate reporting affiliates will bail. If you are promoting a Cannabis related business, then we strongly suggest looking at Refersion. They have an amazing system that is robust and geared towards affiliates. Plus their reporting system is top-notch. You can visit their site at www.refersion.com
2) A User-Friendly Checkout Process – Many new companies design a website, start to drive traffic and then hope for the best. Creating a smooth purchasing process requires constant optimization and analysis. If your customers are getting stuck at a specific part of the process and dropping, then so will your affiliates. No one likes to send website traffic into a process that doesn’t work.
3) Processing is a Bitch – This industry is a tough one, and if you are selling online, you want to have a processing company that is not going to leave you hanging. Just imagine that your affiliates are sending traffic, but half of that traffic can’t purchase your goods because your processing company doesn’t accept specific credit cards. Again your affiliate will bail. We have seen many businesses time and time again fall because of efficient banking. If you are in need of a marijuana processing company, we strongly advise you to read this article:
4) Have Amazing Looking Marketing Material – When an affiliate decides to work with you make sure you have all the material he/she needs in place. Affiliates have been around the block and understand that in order to sell you have to have a killer looking product. This means having awesome looking banners, which will sell and drive clicks to purchase.
5) Get Quality Affiliates – This is a tough one. To reach good affiliates is a mission on its own. With affiliates it’s about relationships, they will only promote products and services with businesses that they trust. What’s important to understand is that Affiliate marketing is not a plug-and-play solution that doesn’t require a time investment. Thankfully though you’re not alone!
Over the last few years, we’ve established quite a few connections in this industry and would be more than happy to help. Our Non-Profit Organization has the resources to connect to the best payment providers, technology providers and help get your brand to a level that will sell. We’d also be more than happy to do a review of your company and give you a BIG shoutout on our Facebook Page.