Don’t want to spend a lot of time cooking dinner but still want to feel the medical benefits of marijuana? This is just the recipe for you! Cooking your Stoner Shrimp takes very little time, as long as you have some of your precious Cannabutter laying around. Once your butter is ready to go, this recipe requires just a few ingredients, has a cook time of about 20 minutes, and serves 4.
Here’s what you’ll need for your Stoner Shrimp:
- ¾ pound of short style pasta
- 4 tablespoons of your Cannabutter
- 2 leeks diced
- 1 pound of cleaned shrimp
- 7 ounces of baby spinach
- 5 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Grated lemon zest to taste
Don’t have any Cannabutter? Here’s how to make your own:
First, the cooking ratio: Utilize approximately 1 cup of butter (2 US standard sticks) for every ½ ounce of marijuana.
- Begin with spreading your ground nuggets, shake or trim evenly onto a baking sheet with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 240 Degrees Fahrenheit/115 Degrees Celsius, and bake for about 40-50 minutes. You pot will turn out very dry, but this is the result you want
- In a medium cooking pan, heat up 1-2 quarts of water and allow this to get hot. Once ready, throw in your sticks of butter (remember, 2 sticks for ½ ounce weed). Keep the heat on medium-low to slowly melt the butter
- Once the butter has melted, add in those dank buds you just decarbed in the oven. Stir the mixture from time to time. Allow it to cook on your lowest heat setting for 2½-3½ hours
- Once the mixture has slow cooked long enough, take a cheesecloth and place it over a bowl big enough to hold your batch of butter. Pour the mixture over the cheesecloth and into the bowl carefully. Wrap the cheesecloth and give it a squeeze to extract any remaining oil
- Let the mixture cool for about 45 minutes, then place it in the fridge to cool further. When you put this THC laden concoction in the fridge, overtime the top layer will rise apart from the water. This is the part you are going to peel off once it’s completely separated. Be sure all extra water is scraped off and store your fresh reefer extract in a jar or air-tight container
Now to begin cooking your tasty Stoner Shrimp and Spinach Pasta (with Medical Benefits):
- In a medium saucepan, boil some water. Add a little olive oil and salt. Once the water is boiled, add in the pasta and stir from time to time. Cook the pasta for approximately 10 minutes, or until soft.
- While the pasta is boiling, in a medium skillet add in your 4 tablespoons of Cannabutter on low heat. Once the pan has become a little hot, add in your shrimp and chopped leeks. Turn up to medium heat. Add salt, pepper, lemon zest and any other spices to taste. Mix frequently so that the shrimp becomes evenly coated with the THC butter.
- Add the spinach at the very end of the cooking process for the shrimp, allowing the spinach to wilt just a little bit.
- Once the pasta is done boiling, drain it with a strainer. Place it in a large serving bowl.
- Once the shrimp has finished cooking, add the mixture into the serving bowl with the pasta. Add in your sundried tomatoes, the rest of your olive oil, and more spices to taste.
- Finally, mix your dish thoroughly, serve it up and enjoy!
Now that your have this delicious Stoner Shrimp dish, you can enjoy it with your friends and feel the benefits of this fragrant Cannabutter. Don’t forget to make a little leftovers, because you are guaranteed to want more when the munchies hit!