There’s no better way to come back from work, kick back in front of the box and have some Macaroni and Cheese. This is the ultimate recipe for couch potatoes that simply can’t be bothered to stand and make a proper meal in the kitchen. It will hit the spot, leave you chillin’ and will take only 30 mins to make. Just remember to grate some extra cheese on top, once it’s cooked. Trust us, it’s DELICIOUS.
Before we get started, let’s jump straight to the best part – The Cannabis Butter. Obviously if you have some available, then skip this step
Making Your Homemade Cannabis Butter:
First, the cooking ratio: Utilize approximately 1 cup of butter (2 US standard sticks) for every ½ ounce of marijuana.
- Begin with laying your ground nuggets, shake or trim evenly onto a baking sheet with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 240 Degrees Fahrenheit/115 Degrees Celsius, and bake for about 40-50 minutes. Your weed will come out quite dry, but that is ok.
- In a cooking pan, heat up 1-2 quarts of water until it boils. Once ready, throw in your sticks of butter (remember, 2 sticks for ½ ounce weed). Keep the heat on medium-low to slowly melt the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add in those dank buds you just decarbed in the oven. Stir every now and then. Allow it to cook on your lowest heat setting for 2½-3½ hours.
- Once the mixture has slow cooked long enough, take a cheesecloth and place it over a bowl big enough to hold your batch of butter. Pour the mixture over the cheesecloth and into the bowl carefully. Wrap the cheesecloth and give it a squeeze to extract any remaining oil.
- Let the mixture cool for about 45 minutes, then place it in the fridge to cool further.
- When you put this THC laden concoction in the fridge, overtime the top layer will rise apart from the water. This is the part you are going to peel off once it’s completely separated. Be sure all extra water is scraped off and store your fresh reefer extract in a jar or air-tight container.
Get Ready to Make Smokin’ Macaroni and Cheese
- ½ pound elbow macaroni or shells
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- For cheese sauce
- 5 tablespoons cannabutter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2½ to 3 cups milk, warm
- 4 ounces smoked mozzarella, grated (1 cup)
- 8 ounces medium cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, (using canna-oil is optional)
- 2 ounces sharp cheddar, grated (1/2 cup)
Making your Dish:
- First and foremost, pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Fill a pot with water, oil and salt. Once boiled add you macaroni and cook.
- In a small saucepan melt the cannabutter and add the flour. Cook for about 5 miniutes until everything is smooth (remember to stir). Now add the warm milk and cook for a few more minutes until the mixture thinkens slightly.
- Add cheese, salt, paprika, pepper and nutmeg and stir
- Add the cooked macaroni and stir well. Pour into small finger bowls. (They should be oven friendly)
- In a bowl combine the canola oil with the breadcrumbs and sharp cheddar. Sprinkle the mixture on top of the dishes and put in the oven for 30 mins until brown on top.
Want to read more cool recipes check out the Recipe Part of the MarijuanaBreak.com