Oregon is another state where they seem to have a decent grasp of a legitimate ‘medical marijuana’ program; you won’t find any ridiculous hole-in-the-wall evaluation centers with burnt out doctors where you can pop in and walk out with a marijuana ID card 10 minutes and $30 later.
However, being a recreationally legal state, it’s easier for them to manage the line between medical and recreational users than it is for say, California.
That being said, the Emerald Leaf Institute in Portland is one of the finer consultation centers that you’ll find in the state, if you’re a valid medical patient and have been looking for a quality evaluation center where you can learn all about how cannabis might be used to treat you and your condition.
Highlights: Emerald Leaf Institute, Portland OR
- Reputable, highly professional evaluation center where patients can go to schedule a quality physician consultation, and learn how cannabis may be a valid treatment option for their condition
- Operates in full compliance with the state of Oregon’s Medical Marijuana Program (OMMP)
- Board certified in cannabinoid and emergency medicine
- Over 20 years experience in the Portland area
- On-site marijuana dispensary for approved medical patients
- Prices: New Patients – $20 clinic fee + $110 doctor consultation/examination. Existing patients (to update ID card): $20 clinic fee + $98 consultation/examination
- All new patients must be able to provide records of their qualifying condition for the past two years, and all existing patients must provide records of their qualifying condition for the past year
In addition to being an examination/consultation center, Emerald Leaf Institute also houses a fully-stocked marijuana dispensary on location. For approved medical patients, they carry a wide variety of house-grown flowers and various strains to treat any array of physical or psychological ailments. Their full menu is also available online for convenient browsing/learning.
Like we said, Emerald Leaf is a super-professional organization that employs a dedicated and passionate team of physicians, scientists, researchers, and other medical professionals to maintain a progressive and knowledgeable culture of all things cannabis.
Unlike other evaluation centers, their sole purpose is not to profit off of connecting patients with physicians. One of their main goals, in fact, is to be a leader in cannabis research and to provide quality and accessible information to the general public about the true nature of the drug. They consistently publish respected research articles and books on cannabis, with the sole intention of increasing public knowledge and awareness.
If you’re in the Portland area and have been looking for a trusted evaluation center, Emerald Leaf Institute is definitely the place.