On Friday, my son came up to me and asked if I could make him some homemade Schnitzels. You know the crispy ones. Now, it’s a bit time consuming, but I simply had to. You should have seen the look on his face. Then my husband came in, with a smirk on his face. I knew that I had to put some aside and jazz them up with some nice 420.
So here it is, my version of Homemade 420 Schnitzels. First, you’ll need some Canna Oil
Basic Canna Oil Ingredients for Homemade Schintzel:
- 1-1 ½ ounces of finely ground marijuana, trim or buds
- 28 ounces of cooking oil (this is better with olive oil, but it tends to clash with the schnitzels)
Making Your Canna Oil:
- Boil your oil in the saucepan on a low to medium heat. Make sure that it doesn’t boil
- Once hot, drop in the 1-1 ½ ounces of fine ground cannabis and stir
- Stir so the cannabis doesn’t burn.
- Once you have been slow cooking the buds for approximately 1.5-2 hours, take them off the stove.
- Pour the mixture through a cheesecloth and into a jar that you will be keeping your silky Canna-mixture
- Place the jar of Canna Oil in a dark place or in the fridge for storage
Homemade Schnitzel Ingredients
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (4 large breasts)
- 2 eggs at least.
- 1 packet of breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
First things first, you’ll need to cut up your schnitzels and pound them to a thickness that you prefer. I like small bite-size schnitzels around 1/4 inch thick, but my son likes the big ones. The principle is the same.
Set up three wide shallow bowls. In your first bowl, beat your eggs. In your second bowl stir together the breadcrumbs, paprika, 1 tsp salt (For every 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, you’ll need a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and paprika). This is really a subjective thing. Remember you can always salt later. Leave an empty plate nearby where you will place your coated schnitzels.
Pour your oil into your frying pan. The oil should reach a 1/4 height of the schnitzels. Add your tablespoon of Canna oil and mix. Heat to 375 degrees F. Fry the coated breasts in single-layer batches until they are golden brown on both sides. If your oil is at the right temperature, it should take about 5 minutes per side.
After frying set the schnitzels on a paper towel and pat them dry to soak off excess oil. Serve
For more amazing recipes check out our Recipe Section on the Marijuanabreak website