The Mexican holiday, Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner, and lucky for us it falls on Taco Tuesday this year! So we decided to put together a little fiesta with the help of our good friend Mary Jane — because everyone’s allowed to get in on this cultural appropriation, right?
Now, Cinco de Mayo celebrations usually revolve around lots of tequila, but you need a little something to soak it up so you can fiesta into the night. So, we’ve put together a simple and delicious ganga recipe that you can spread all over your favorite tacos, quesadillas, and nachos throughout your celebrations. This is also the perfect dip for all your upcoming summer parties, beach days, and tailgates.
Ganga Guacamole Recipe Ingredients
4 Tsp of Canna-coconut Oil
1 Small/Medium Red Onion
1 Red Pepper
1 Jalapeno or Chili Flakes (for those who like a little kick)
1 tbs lemon/lime juice
Cilantro to taste
Salt & Pepper to taste
Preparing the Canna-Coconut Oil – This is the tough part
The first thing you’re going to need is canna-coconut oil. If you don’t already have some lying around this is a good time to make a batch so that you’ve got more to use with other recipes down the road. What’s great about the canna-coconut oil is that since it’s so nice and fatty it really soaks up all the THC. Plus, coconut oil is delicious and you can put it in just about anything to high-ten your recipes.
Ok so to get started, preheat your oven to 240 degrees and spread 1 cup of cannabis (trim or broken up buds) onto the baking sheet and bake for one hour. Cool and store it in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
Now you’re ready to infuse it with the oil. Combine one cup of coconut oil and a teaspoon of Liquid sunflower lecithin in a crockpot, then add your cup of cannabis. Stir your soon to be delicious concoction every half hour or so, and after 2-3 hours it should be ready. Turn off the crockpot and let the oil cool down.
Take your mixture and pour it into a pot with cheesecloth on top to filter out the stems and buds. Then tie your cheesecloth up and squeeze! Make sure you get all the oil and goodness out — believe me, you won’t want to waste a drop.
Finally, pour your oil into a jar and keep it in your fridge so it stays nice and cool. Now, you’re ready to make some ganga-guac!
How to Make The Gang Recipe – Guacamole Sauce
- Cut your avocados in half, and take out the pits. Slice them vertically, then horizontally, to make little diced pieces of avocado. Spoon out into a bowl, and mash with a fork.
- Add in your 4 tsp of canna-coconut oil, and a tablespoon of lemon or lime juice, whichever you prefer. Mix and mash your avocado with the oil and juice until smooth. Now give it a wiff … yum!
- Smells awesome, but you’re not there yet! Dice up your onion, pepper, and jalapeno (if you’ve decided to pack some heat) and then mix into your guac.
- Add salt, pepper, and cilantro to taste.
- Finally, smear it all over your favorite Mexican dishes, go at it with a spoon, or dip your chips in this deliciously-dope guac. Viva la ganga-guac!
Check out more of our great recipes on the Marijuana edibles blog