Barney’s Coffeeshop, is one of a kind and if you are traveling around Amsterdam you should take an hour to kick-back and relax at this great experience coffeeshop. The place is normally packed so try to go there during off-hours. And who can blame them… they’ve been around for more than 20 years and have won multiple “High Time Cup” awards.
Based on Haarlemmestraat, this renovated landmark building has become the in-scene for weed smokers. They’ve got spectacular food, great weed and a friendly staff. The selection of cannabis is quite large and prices are affordable. Well.. it depends on what you want to purchase. The quality stuff will cost you. If you are there, you simply have to try one of their cakes. It will definitely take you to the next level. They are a famous for the quality of a few of their strains, including Liberty Haze, Vanilla Kush, Blue Cheese and of course their famous Pineapple chunk.
Open from 7am – 1am, this is a convenient place to stop by, have some great food and take in the “Fresh Air”. It is conveniently located only a few minutes walking distance from the Amsterdam Central Station. Seems to good to be true, right?
Well, the only problem we had when going there, was that it was extremely busy. We didn’t stay for long, so again don’t go when all the crowds there.
Barney’s CoffeeShop Highlights
- At Barney’s you are going to find high-quality products and a great atmosphere. They are always kind of inventing the wheel, creating a buzz and running events to get the crowd buzzin’. On Thur-Sat, they host different Dj’s. And some nights are even dedicated to Ladies.
- Prices are not the cheapest in Amsterdam, but the quality of the bud is. Plus you can use their Volcano Vapes, grinders and anything else for Free.
- Regarding food, they know how to keep their clients satisfied. We had the wagon beef burger and it was DELICIOUS. Most coffeeshops in Amsterdam can sell the product, but not many sell a good product and compliment it with tasty food.
The Barney’s CoffeeShop Prices
Here are a few of their prices, updated October 2016.
- Cookies Kush (2014 Cannabis Cup Winner) – 18 Euro (gram)
- Liberty Haze – 17 Euro (Gram)
- Peppermint Kush – 15 Euro
- Vanilla Kush – 15 Euro
Final Thoughts About Barney’s CoffeeShop
If you are looking for the “in” place in Amsterdam that has a futuristic feel, great food and quality strains, then this is the place. The only problem about this place is that it does get crowded, so come prepared. The staff are all great and will always have a chit-chat with you. The atmosphere is buzzin’ and you’ll promised to have a great time.