The Joint by Cannabis, located in Denver’s northwest Highlands neighborhood, is one of the premier pot dispensaries in the city – it was voted #1 by a certain mega-popular weed website that, for obvious reasons, we’ll leave unnamed.
What exactly does it take, you ask, to be one of Denver’s leading med/rec marijuana dispensaries? In our opinion, this is the checklist of requirements (in order) that any great pot shop must have:
- A well-stocked selection of great product. This includes a range of quality flowers, decent hash/concentrate options, and a selection of edibles/topicals/beverages/accessories for those in the need.
- Friendly staff. Because there’s no greater buzzkill than getting punked-out by some contentious, condescending ‘budtender’ who thinks they’re some sort of fancy French restaurant-style wine connoisseur.
- Reasonable prices. When buying grade-A cannabis, we don’t expect bargains. However, we don’t expect to get sacked like an 11th-century Saxon village either. All we ask for is ‘reasonable’; anything north of $45 for an 1/8th, and it better be some damn fine quality herb.
- Cleaniness/organization – no one wants to walk into a shop that’s reminiscent of the gang’s apartment from Half Baked.
The Joint by Cannabis passes all of these requirements with flying colors: they’ve got a well-stocked budroom with more than reasonable prices, super friendly staff that are always eager to help, and a clean, well-organized storefront that actually resembles a business rather than a burnt-out granoli hut.
Highlights: The Joint by Cannabis
- Medical and recreational sales
- All new med signovers get 1/4-oz of flower for $1, as well as a free gram every month that you remain a member. (In addition to other promotions)
- 7-day a week specials/promotions (check out each on their website)
- Get a pre-roll for $0.01 on your birthday with any purchase
- Excellent, frequently updated website – check it out for a complete list of promotions, updated menu, new strains, etc.
The actual dispensary is in a converted house that’s situated in a nice, calm, quiet neighborhood in Denver’s Highland region – far from the hustle and bustle of the downtown/Broadway/Green Mile scene.
There’s plenty of free parking available right out front, and we’ve never seen the place overwhelmingly busy, but we’d imagine it gets pretty busy during peak times.
Definitely give the place a try if you’re looking for one of the best dispensaries that Denver’s got to offer – well worth the time to get there, even if you’re staying on the other side of town.
4735 West 38th Avenue Denver, CO 80210