First and foremost, we would like to thank all our readers who responded to our last article of this series. The response rate was amazing and it gave us the drive to create this second part. We hope to get the same amount of likes and shares on this article.
For those of you who didn’t read the first article, you can find it here.
In this article, I’m going to talk about Weed Affiliate Marketing.
But before we dive into it, let me explain
What is Affiliate Marketing?
The idea behind affiliate marketing is to promote someone else’s product in exchange for something else. Typically, a percentage of the proceeds, but it could be discounts or other offers instead.
If you research online about affiliate marketing, you’ll tend to see the same boring articles. They’ll all tell you that you need a website (preferably one that caters to a specific niche like marijuana). They’ll tell you that you need to create lots of interesting content and then to promote brands that have an affiliate marketing program.
You’ll have to learn tons of complicated jargon like “affiliate traffic” and understand different online marketing lingo to drive customers, and if that isn’t enough, you’ll have to learn how to promote your blog on Google.
Just the sound of all of that is probably giving you a headache!
It did for me, and I had to write it all. Actually, after writing that paragraph, I lit up some Amnesia Haze.
Related article: 5 Marijuana Strains and Their Side Effects
Ok… I’m back!
Well, what if there were easier ways that you could make money from being an affiliate. Well, thankfully there are. This method might not rake in thousands of Dollars like the method we’ve got planned to tell you in our next article, but it is still a nice way to make a couple of hundred bucks a month.
One of our colleagues has been doing this for the last year and has reached a steady $400 bucks each month.
Money Making Method #2 – Old School AffiliWeed Marketing.
The idea behind AffiliWeed marketing is to get in touch with a business (a dispensary that sells the stuff) and to help him increase his revenue. No money-driven business will say no to that!
But how do you go about doing that?
Well, first of all, you have to understand that most of these dispensaries are constantly dwelling on one thing; How do I get more customers and increase revenue. Similar to every business, sales and marketing are the foundations of every business. If you don’t know how to market, then you’re screwed.
The good thing is that most of these dispensaries don’t know really how to market themselves. So if you come up to them with a great offer, they probably won’t refuse.
Furthermore, now that additional states have been legalized, more and more dispensaries are popping up all over the place. This basically means that the market is becoming flooded. There is more and more competition and most dispensaries are fighting over the same customers. They would be willing to try anything to get new customers.
Ok, so what do you actually have to do and how do you do it?
There are a few ways to go about this, but the two I am going to explain do require quite a large social network of friends. So if you are a loner, this might not be the best method for you!
# 1 – Affiliweed HangOut Marketing.
The idea behind this method is to use your social skills to drive friends or clients to the dispensary that you are affiliating.
(By the way, I would always affiliate a dispensary that you know sells quality products, that way your referrals won’t be disappointed)
The steps are simple:
- You would approach a dispensary and tell the owner or biz dev that you can bring quite a few clients to his business. You would only require two things; 1) Some branded T-Shirts 2) A few business cards.
- On the business cards, you would write a promotion code (this is important).
- Next, you would close a deal with the dispensary that for every sale they make from your customers, you get 5% (cash) and your customer gets a 5% discount. Don’t worry about asking for the percentage. Most dispensaries give a discount anyway to new customers. The thing is that most people don’t know about it.
- Now, this is where the big money comes in. Make sure that you close a deal that on all your customer’s returning purchases, you also get your commission. This basically means that if your first referral, comes back time and time again, you need to make sure that you get your commission on every purchase. (There are a few ways to track this and if you’re interested contact us and we’ll explain more.)
- Now you hit the bars and make sure that you’re in the company of some girls. Not that I am being a chauvinist, but girls always sell better than boys.
- Have fun at a bar or wherever you hang out (just make sure that there is a crowd), dish out some discount cards, tell people that you got a free T-Shirt) – simply be social. The rest will come naturally.
- Do this a few nights a week and you’ll be in for some serious cash.
The next time you head to the dispensary, you will be in for a nice surprise.
# 2 – Create a Purchase Group on Facebook
This method is the same type of concept as the previous one, but more suitable for those who are not party-animals. If you’ve got a large network of friends on Facebook who smokes the wonderful 420, like you, then this is how you would go about it:
- You would go to your preferred dispensary and tell the owner that you intend to bring a group of people (new customers) to his business and you want a referral fee for that. It would be the same type of percentages as the previous method. (For you and your followers)
- Now comes the fun part. You would create an event on Facebook, inviting all your friends. The event would be something like “5% discount off your favorite meds”. Fill in the event name, details, location and time. Tip – In the event name try to put your promotion. In the details, you can explain everything.
Now this part requires some maintenance but is well worth it. Keep people excited about coming.
- Most people will say that they are attending but it does not mean that they will remember to be there. So post pictures around the event. Tag all the people attending with the @function. Send out reminders and direct message to all attendees.
- Schedule to meet with everyone outside the dispensary and then walk in as a group. Your Purchase Group will have some serious purchasing power. You’ll all get some killer discounts and you’ll get some nice cash!
A Word of Warning
I wouldn’t base your whole income on this and invest a great deal of time doing it. It is great for some extra pocket money and not hard work. If you are business minded, you can also do it with a few different businesses and divide your friend into groups. Just be clever about it.
This is the second of our How to Make Money from Weed, Without Selling It series. Becoming an Affiliweed Marketer may not be the best way for everyone, but if you’re in a nice social group or have a community of friends then it is definitely worth a shot. Plus you don’t really have to invest anything, just some time.
Missed out on the first article of this series: How to LEGALLY Make Money From Weed, Without Selling It – Part 1