Best CBD Oil for Pain Relief (Runners-Up)
All products selected meet our rigorous standard for awesomeness. When you click links, we may earn revenues to support our work in educating people and promoting awareness on the benefits of cannabis.
Choosing our top 10 CBD brands wasn’t an easy task and although we are not saying that the following 15 brands sell a low-quality CBD product, they simply didn’t live up to our rigorous testing.
As we mentioned in our first part, all the 25 bottles were tested using a third-party testing lab and in addition, different people from our community were given samples to try. All gave their feedback based on effectiveness, price, potency and customer service of the brand.
So here you have it, the 15 runners-up:
Runner-Up CBD Brands
- Made in Florida since 2014
- Free worldwide shipping
- Sourced from 100% pure Kentucky hemp
- HPLC product testing done in U.S. labs
- Does not use CO2 extraction methods
- Less than 80,000 total customers
Verified CBD has been making seed-to-sale CBD oil in Florida since 2014, yet they’ve stayed a 100% in-house operation over that entire period of time: to this day, the only place you can buy their products is directly through their website. This is a real advantage in today’s market, where it can be super tough trying to distinguish between actual CBD manufacturers, and shady brokers or private labelers.
In any case, Verified CBD makes what they describe to be the “world’s finest CBD products” – while this claim is of course up for debate, there’s no denying that they have earned a deserved spot on this list; all of their products are 100% organic and extracted from fertilizer, herbicide and pesticide-free Kentucky hemp.
They offer and a unique range of CBD sprays, and have specifically-formulated products for:
- Weight loss
- Anxiety and stress
- Sleep aid
- Energy and focus
- Pain relief
Finally, Verified CBD products consistently test for over 80% purity, which is significantly higher than the industry average of 17-40%. Their consumer statistics have shown that over 70% of buyers end up becoming repeat customers, and you can request a lab certificate with each order that verifies CBD content and purity.
- Infused in MCT oil for maximum bioavailability
- Complete range of USA-made CBD products
- Inexpensive “sample” products available
- Bundle/combo pricing available
- Sourced from EU hemp (not USA)
- Prices start at $74.99
Like the #1 Pure Kana oils, these CBD tinctures from CBD Fx are infused into a high-quality MCT oil that allows for the best possible metabolic efficiency. MCT stands for medium-chain triglycerides, which is slightly different from pure coconut oil in the it eliminates the long-chain fatty acids which are tough and difficult to digest.
CBD Fx’s raw material comes from only the best European, certified organic hemp supply, and all of their products are 100% full-spectrum cannabis meaning they contain terpenes, phytocannabinoids, and other beneficial hemp extracts with no added flavors or ingredients.
Key features of CBD Fx oil drops:
- Made in USA (from organic European hemp)
- Contains CBD which has proven anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) effects
- Easily digestible MCT oil helps keep your body in ketosis to promote weight loss
- Price Range: $74.99-$299.99 depending on the potency
Read more about CBD Fx’s products
- All CBD oils are 100% THC-free
- Seed-to-sale operation based in Kentucky
- Ships to all 50 U.S. states
- Highly-rated topical pain relieving cream
- No vape products for sale
- Could use a larger range in potency
- No CBD edibles/gummies for sale
Medterra is all about health. Their CBD oils and other products are formulated specifically with the purity of cannabis in mind, and are actually made 100% in Kentucky, USA, where some of the nation’s finest raw hemp is grown (they are one of the only manufacturers that we know of that has access to pure Kentucky hemp).
Moreover, their products are 100% all-natural, non-GMO, and contain zero THC. Also, the active compounds are sourced from the entire hemp plant which means you get the rich full-cannabis effects in the CBD (and other natural compounds) after they have been extracted with state of the art CO2 equipment.
Key features of MedTerra CBD oils:
- 100% seed-to-sale operation based in Kentucky
- Ship internationally (as well as to all 50 U.S. states)
- Hemp Pilot Research Program partner (meaning the raw hemp source is extracted under Kentucky Department of Agriculture guidelines)
- Price Range: $49.95-$149.95
If you’re main concern in using CBD oil is purity and would prefer to support a 100% USA-based brand, then Medterra no doubt is a great option. They ship to all 50 U.S. states.
Explore the complete Medterra product range with our Medterra Comprehensive Review
- Huge range of edibles and CBD candies
- Offer both full-spectrum and CBD isolates
- Rare dab products like wax, shatter, and live resins
- Official member of the National Hemp Association
- Not the highest potency
- Taste can be a little overpowering
- Oils are clear, which is odd
- Not the fastest shipping
What makes CBD Infusionz hemp oils unique? Well, the first thing that comes to mind is they make a serious effort to inform the consumer of what CBD and the endocannabinoid system actually is, rather than simply pushing a product down your throat like a lot of other brands do.
This tells us two things: 1) the company is passionate about what they are doing, and 2) they have the knowledge and hands on know-how to make a legitimate, high-quality CBD product. In fact, every product that you purchase from them comes with verified test results so you can see for yourself exactly what’s in the stuff you’re ingesting.
Also, in addition to their range of concentrated isolates, topical CBD creams, gummies, edibles and lozenges, CBD Infusionz currently offers three different strength oral tinctures (150, 300, and 600 mg) which are infused in high-grade MCT oil for metabolic efficiency and ease-of-digestion.
And of course, these are honestly some of the best cheap CBD oils for sale on the market, at least in our mind. While there are probably brands that are better in terms of therapeutic potency, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anything better for the same price.
- CBD vape oils are extremely potent
- Endorsements from high-profile athletes
- Massive range of product selection
- “Box of the Month” sales
- Lab reports are difficult to track down
- Can be tough contacting customer service
- Several products on backorder
- Top-range CBD oils are very pricey
Diamond CBD is one of those brands that has fully embraced the emerging CBD market, and they offer probably the most exhaustive range of legal cannabidiol products that are available for shipping to all 50 U.S. states.
In addition to their standard CBD hemp oil (which is available in 10 different strengths from 100 mg to 1,500 mg), they also offer a CBD crystal isolate (which can be used to infuse your own CBD concoctions), flavored terpene oils (terpenes are beneficial aromatic compounds from the hemp plant), a premium full-spectrum CBD hemp blend, and other branded products like “Pain Master,” “Chong’s Choice CBD,” and “Relax Extreme CBD.”
The Chong’s Choice label is a premium hemp blend that was created by legendary marijuana activist Tommy Chong. It contains 1,000 mg of infused CBD, and currently sells for $169.99.
The Diamond CBD Pain Master label is actually the signature CBD blend from retired NFL player Lawrence “L.T.” Taylor, who went public not too long ago with his advocacy for the healing capabilities of non-psychoactive hemp. This blend is specifically designed to reduce soreness, muscle and joint pain, and other symptoms of chronic pain.
Diamond CBD also offers an extensive range of other CBD products outside oral tinctures, including:
- Vape liquids
- Topical CBD creams and lotions
- CBD dabs (for maximum potency and pain relief)
- CBD for pets
Price Range: $39-$169 for the tinctures.
- Unique water-soluble CBD products
- Contains additional terpenes, flavonoids, and phytocannabinoids
- Allows visitors to the Suffolk manufacturing site
- Prices as low as £4.75
- Potencies are ranked by % rather than mg
- Available only in the U.K.
- No vape oils or CBD vaping products
- No shipping to the U.S.
CBD Brothers is actually a European brand based out of Suffolk, England. The brand currently offer six different potencies of oral CBD oils, which range from the inexpensive “Green Edition” (14% CBD extract) to the premium, top-shelf “Black Edition” (30% CBD extract) which is supposed to work wonders on anxiety, insomnia, and chronic pain.
CBD Brothers make themselves widely available to answer any questions you may have about their product line, which again is a fresh relief from a lot of other “companies” out there who are seemingly impossible to try and get in touch with.
- USA made, vegan and organically sourced
- Prices range as low as $15
- Pet CBD oils range as low as $12
- Assistance available for low income/disabilities
- No vaping products
- No CBD edibles or gummies
- Bundle packs not available for CBD oils
- CBD isolate (not full-spectrum)
Lazarus Naturals is another consumer conscious CBD brand that manufactures all of its oils in an in-house, “seed-to-sale” operation. This means that everything from the raw hemp supply to the CBD extraction process, to the bottling and packaging is done by Lazarus employees.
In addition to being in infused in fractionated coconut oil (another term for metabolic MCT oil), all of Lazarus CBD oils are:
- Vegan and gluten-free
- Legal in all 50 U.S. states
- Contain no artificial flavors, preservatives, or sweeteners
- Price Range for Oils: $15-$75
One of the brand’s biggest claims is their “accessibility” in terms of price, and indeed these are some of the best cheap CBD oils on the market. However, it’s worth pointing out that Lazarus tinctures are not a full-spectrum hemp blend. Rather, they are CBD isolates which mean there is nothing in the blend except for the fractionated coconut oil and the active CBD compound.
- Triple lab tested from 3 independent sources
- 99.9% pure CBD isolate
- Sourced from 100% organic American hemp
- Sustainable oils infused with Omega-3/6 acids
- Does not offer CBD capsules
- Few different potencies to choose from
- Not the best-tasting CBD oils on the market
- Hemp seed oil used instead of olive/MCT oil
Kat’s Naturals is a brand that has witnessed some serious success over the course of the last 18 months, with the claim that their CBD oil is “different” from the competition’s.
How is it different, you might ask? Well, for one thing all of their products are made from actual hemp seeds as opposed to the stems and stalks of the plant. It’s well-known that the natural oils secreted from hemp seeds are more nutrient-dense than other parts of the plant, but a lot of companies out there steer clear of using them as a CBD source because it is much easier to extract the raw material from the fibrous stalk and stems.
However, Kat’s Naturals CBD has spared no expense in developing the technology to produce an essential hemp oil that is not only 100% sustainably farmed, but also chock-full of therapeutic quality CBD that is verified in each batch through lab testing.
Their “Best Seller” is far and away Kat’s Naturals Heal CBD, which is a high-potency oral tincture that has been extracted and processed for the specific purpose of providing whole-body/mind therapeutic relief:
- The blend is extracted with metabolic fats that contain natural Omega-3 and Omega-6 hemp seed fatty acids and linoleic acid
- It is formulated to help increase immunity, prevent skin aging (you can dilute it and use it topically), and promote heart health
If you are looking for a quality oil, then Kat’s Naturals is the way to go.
- Free shipping on all orders
- Ships to all 50 U.S. states
- Ships to over 40 countries outside the U.S.
- Available in several retail locations
- No other products than CBD oil
- No CBD edibles
- No CBD capsules
- No vapes/vape oil products
NuLeaf is a CBD oil brand that’s been flying under the radar for awhile, but we expect them to take off in popularity really soon, simply going off their prices and the quality of their products.
Why choose NuLeaf over other brands? Don’t take it from us, here’s the reasons that they give:
- 100% USA-grown: All hemp plants are grown on licensed farms in Colorado
- Third-Party Verified: Every bottle is subjected to laboratory testing to ensure that it contains the optimal amounts of CBD, and is free of over 200 different pesticides, heavy metals, and mycotoxins
- Full-Spectrum Extract: While whole plant extracts contain large percentages of CBD, they also contain traces of the other cannabinoids and terpenes, which make them more effective than CBD-only solutions in alleviating both inflammation and pain
- 100% Natural and Organic: A 100% organic and non-GMO cannabis oil is that is free of additives, preservatives, emulsifiers, and flavors
- Price Range: $38.50 – $439
Check out NuLeaf’s full range of CBD oils and other CBD products on our exclusive brand review.
- Prices start at just $9.95
- Three blends in two different potencies
- Super potent 6x (1500mg/oz) tinctures available
- Industry-leading lab reports
- CO2 extraction not used on all products
- Flavor can be a little raw and “earthy”
- Can experience waits with customer service
- Return policy could be better
Bluebird Botanicals has made obvious efforts over the past year to really up the quality of their entire operation. Their 3rd-party lab reports are some of the best in the industry, with a full panel batch database that you can use to track the potency and purity for each bottle of CBD oil. You can also use the batch number for a transparent look at pesticide, heavy metal, residual solvent, microbe, and mycotoxin content.
Bluebird also offers three different lines of unique full-spectrum CBD oil formulas (Classic, Complete, and Signature), each of which is available in two different potencies (250mg/oz and 1500mg/oz).
The ‘Classic’ CBD Oil seems to be the introductory-level product, and is the one we would recommended trying if you’re just starting out with hemp oil and want to see how it works, or if you plan on testing the tincture for mild conditions like non-severe headaches, muscle soreness, or difficulty falling asleep.
The ‘Complete’ and ‘Signature’ blends offer slightly different ingredients, but are still available in both the 250mg/oz and 1500mg/oz (6x) potencies. These formulas might be a better option if you’re planning on trying to treat more severe symptoms like anxiety, insomnia, or chronic pain.
Also, one of our favorite things about Bluebird is that they offer some of the lowest-priced CBD oils on the market, with the 250mg Signature blend coming in at just $29.95, and the Classic at just $24.95. We also love the fact that Bluebird offers smaller size options, which is a rarity among the majority of CBD manufacturers.
In fact, their smallest option (which is available in all three formulas) comes in a ⅓ oz bottle and is available for just $11.95 – a perfect option for someone who wants to give CBD oil a try for the first, but is not ready to drop $50+ on a full size product without even knowing whether it works.
- 100% natural, pure CBD
- Excellent lineup of CBD vape oils
- ISO Certified Lab
- Complete CBD vape kits available
- Some say flavor is too unnatural
- Products have been known to backorder
Koi CBD prides itself on manufacturing one of the “cleanest” oils in the cannabis industry: a 99+% pure CBD tincture that has full traceability from the start of the manufacturing process (i.e. from the raw cannabis plant) to the finished product. In addition to its ISO Lab Certification status, some of its additional features include:
- Hexane and solvent free
- Pesticides free
- GMO free
- Product price range – $29.99 – $99.00
Moreover, Koi has a massive range of products available; from sublingual (under the tongue) CBD oils, to their CBD vape liquids, CBD topicals, edibles, and even CBD treats for pets.
Users have claimed it to be effective for a variety of conditions including chronic pain, anxiety, stress, restless leg syndrome, memory loss, appetite control and mental clarity, just to name a few.
Learn more about KOI natural’s full range of products.
- Very popular, good brand recognition
- World-renowned customer service
- “America’s #1 choice for CBD products”
- Complete range of full-spectrum products
- Does not sell vapes or CBD e-liquids
- Some question quality of mass production
- Only two potencies available
- Goji blueberry taste can be pretty ripe
Plus CBD Oil advertises their tinctures as being “America’s #1 Choice for CBD Products,” and that’s actually probably not far from the truth. We’re not sure exactly what metrics they used to come up with that claim, but they’re certainly up there with the likes of Pure Kana, Green Roads, and CW Hemp in terms of popularity.
Moreover, they offer a massive selection of CBD products aside from the oil drops, and being that they are an entity of CV Sciences, could perhaps be involved with one of the very first CBD-based FDA approved drugs (they are currently in the preclinical phase for the drug candidate CVSI-007, which is a chewing gum containing nicotine and synthetic CBD designed to support quitting smoking).
What this means in terms of the quality of their CBD oils (and other CBD products), is that you know you’re getting one of the most pure and rigorously tested tinctures on the market .
Moreover, what’s even more impressive is their price point; at just $22.95 for their 1 oz (100mg) bottle of Raw CBD Oil drops, we truly believe they offer one of the best values on the market. The price increases to $89.95 for a 2 oz (750mg) flavored tincture, but even still that represents an excellent bargain compared to similar quality products.
- Sister company of world-renowned Mary’s Medicinals
- Industry’s only transdermal CBD patch
- Huge range of unique CBD products
- CBD muscle rub, soothing bath bombs, etc
- Some of the most expensive products available
- Cost-prohibitive for most income classes
- Daily use is not practical for most
- Does not sell vape products
Mary’s Nutritionals CBD products are 100% established and made in the USA, and they have been in the hemp game since 2015.
They’re probably most well-known for their transdermal CBD-infused patches (which you wear on your skin while the CBD is absorbed through the epidermal layer), but their oil extract drops – called “The Remedy” – have been absolute game changers for some in terms of pain-relief. Here’s what one customer had to say:
“My 3.5-year-old son has nonverbal autism … Thank you so much for making this amazing product. It is easy for me to get him to swallow this, as it tastes great. He’s been using it for four months now and we have seen an incredible difference. Thank you.”
The only potential setback, as you’ll see, is the price of Mary Nutritional’s CBD Oils – for a 12.5 mL bottle of the 500mg “Remedy” extract, for example, you’ll have to dish out a handsome $110. Whether or not you can afford to go with these premium CBD extracts is up to you, but if you do decide to try and give them a shot, you can be all but assured it’ll be worth the price.
- Delicious avocado-infused oil tincture
- Highly knowledgeable, passionate staff
- Been around since 2013
- Genetically selected CBD-rich hemp strains
- Does not offer free shipping
- Does not sell CBD capsules
- Does not sell vaping products
- Prices start at $60
Something must be said for the ability of 4 Corners Cannabis to be able to separate themselves so well from the “best CBD oil pack” in terms of originality and uniqueness. As soon as you venture over to their website, you’ll instantly see that they’re not like any other cannabis or hemp-based brand around.
To us, the thing that makes them so unique is their straightforwardness in terms of what they’re actually manufacturing and selling. While a lot of brands market their products as “food additives” or “supplements” for legal purposes, 4 Corners Cannabis has no fear in proclaiming the truth. That is, that they’re offering CBD oils that are the “same grade as medical marijuana, only with THC levels that are low enough to be able to legally ship to all 50 states.”
Also, since they are actual growers themselves, they have 100% control over every aspect of production, from the organic cultivation to the finely-tuned cannabinoid extraction process. The only downside is that these are not the cheapest oils on the market – the basic 250mg CBD oil tincture will set you back $60, while the premium 1,000mg Avocado oil runs at a stiff $200.
Check out their full range of products over at 4CornersCannabis.com
- 100% THC-free
- Good option for those subject to drug testing
- Pet-specific CBD isolates
- Massive range of unique CBD products
- CBD isolate only
- Does not offer full-spectrum oils
- Hemp “entourage effect” not possible
- Some say less potent than FSO tinctures
You might not be far off in describing Infinite CBD as having an “infinite” variety of CBD products to choose from – they’ve got everything from hemp-infused Asteroid Gummies and Antiseptic soaps, to Pet Drops and CBD “Rocket Ship” Suppositories.
Yes, you read that right — suppositories. Like the things you put “you know where.” Apparently when administered rectally or vaginally, suppositories can provide excellent CBD bioavailability straight to the bloodstream, bypassing the relative inefficiency of the digestive system.
In any regard, though, Infinite CBD has made it here onto this list because of their unique “Single Drop” isolate oils. Unlike most CBD tinctures which are diluted in the carrier oil, Infinite’s “Isolate Droppers” contain (depending on the potency that you get) 0.5, 1, 2, 4 or 8.5 mg of CBD in a single drop. This makes dosing incredibly simple and straightforward, and it allows you to actively monitor how much CBD you actually need to reach maximum efficiency.
Also, they are the only CBD company that we know of that offers terpene extracts from some of the most classic and therapeutically effective cannabis strains of all time. For example you can select terpene profiles from Jack Herer, Harlequin, Pineapple Express, Durban Poison, OG Kush, and several other strains to get that classic flavor of pure, raw cannabis flower.
Their Isolate Drops come in strengths of 250mg – 1,000mg, and cost anywhere between $15 and $140, depending on potency.
Where to Start and Our Best CBD Oil for Pain Relief?
It was an extremely tough choice and while we try not to play favorites, it was a clear win. PureKana won it for the second year in a row due to their CBD formula and superb customer service. Established by industry experts, they have not only managed to dominate the industry but are also helping thousands of patients on a daily basis. If you’re looking for a quality CBD oil at a reasonable price be sure to check out PureKana.
Official Website: www.purekana.com
5% Coupon Code: 5OFFCBD1
- Full range of CBD
- Pharmacist formulated, Worldwide delivery
- Highly concentrated extraction process
- Lab results for all products
- Full-spectrum extract, 99% pure
- Potent, fast-acting results
- 3rd party
- No pesticides, solvents or chemical fertilizers
- Full-Spectrum Extract (Made in USA)
- Incredible taste, near immediate effects
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- 100% Natural and Organic
- 90-day money back guarantee
- Certified U.S
- Excellent customer support