Even though the team at marijuanabreak create a lot of buzz around the topic, we’ve also helped a quite a few people over the years, helping them cross over from being addicted to being committed.
Weed addiction is a lot more common than most people think. If you’re concerned about the amount of weed you or someone close to you is smoking, then there might be an addiction problem.
Unfortunately, around 10% of people who smoke marijuana at some point in their lives will eventually become addicted. And we are not talking about the casual wake-&-bake, or the joint you smoke to help you drift off to sleep, we are talking about hardcore addition.
Those type of people find themselves thinking day and night about marijuana and it is something that occupies them 24/7.
Here at marijuanabreak we’ve put together a simple test you can take to determine if you have a weed problem that should be addressed.
The Weed Test
- Do you smoke marijuana without needing a specific reason (i.e. fun, social reasons)?
- Do you smoke marijuana when you wake up in the morning (wake and bake)?
- Is your life structured around your addiction in a way that it seriously affects your behavior, relationships, and opportunities? (For instance, have you been late to work, lost your job, avoid going out or leave parties early because of your weed habit?)
- Are you always worrying about where to find more weed?
- Do you often smoke alone?
- Do you use weed to avoid dealing with emotional issues, life problems or responsibilities?
- Have you ever tried to quit smoking weed before?
- Has your weed habit ever caused you memory loss, or trouble with your concentration or motivation?
- Have your friends or family ever expressed their concern about your weed habit?
- Do you ever feel like you have to substitute your habit with other substances, such as alcohol, when you run out?
If more than 6 of your answers were ‘yes,’ then according to the Canadian Centre for Addiction, you might not be aware that you have a weed problem and it could be effecting your life.
The most common signs of addiction include
- Getting paranoid when your supplies go low.
- You begin smoking alone, for no particular reason
- You choose to spend time with those who also smoke a lot, so it appears normal.
While anti-drug activists think that a few puffs will turn you into a red-eyed addict, we all know that cannabis has some VERY surprising health benefits.
Just make sure you’re not abusing the weed. Take care of it and it will take are of you right back.
Show your commitment by picking up your own personal Ted T-Shirt